There are 8 good reason why we should never worry for anything or any reason all based upon Matthew 6:24-34.
1. We are serving the wrong Master when we worry. Jesus said, “You cannot serve God and mammon (material riches). When we are unduly concerned about material things, we are serving riches rather than God.
2. Other things are more important than worry. Jesus said, “Is not the life more than the food, and the body than the raiment?” Upon another occasion, Jesus said, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God” (Mt 4:4).
3. God care for us is greater than our worries. Jesus said, “Behold the birds of the heaven . . . your heavenly Father feeds them. Are not you of much more value than they?” If God takes care of the birds, he will certainly take care of us.
4. Worry is unprofitable. Jesus said, “Which of you by being anxious can add one cubit unto the measure of his life?” All the worry in the world can never change what is or what will be.
5. Worry shows that we have little faith. Jesus said, to those who were anxious, “O you of little faith.” Worry shows that our faith is weak because it shows that we do not truly believe God’s promises to care for us.
6. God knows about what worries you and gives to us our needs. Jesus said, “Your heavenly Father knows that you have need of all these things.” Because God cares, he is willing to supply our needs, and because he knows, he is able to supply exactly what we need most.
7. God has promised to provide for our needs if we seek him first. Jesus said, “But seek you first his kingdom, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.” “All these things” are the material needs that we tend to worry about.
8. Each day has enough problems without worrying about those of tomorrow. Jesus said, “Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.” We will have more than enough to do in meeting the challenges of today without worrying about the problems that may or may not come up tomorrow.
Conclusion: There is nothing here on earth that we should worry or fear, except God. He has the ability to destroy both soul and body in hell (Mt 10:28). He promised to send all who know not God and obey not the gospel to hell (2 Thess 1:7-9). If you want something to worry about, worrying about where you will spend your eternity is the one!